Monday, September 1, 2008

Introduction

I have created this blog so that I will have a forum to express my views about current events, politics, contemporary culture, and other matters that interest me from time to time.   I have always followed current events fairly closely, and I try to keep up with what is going on in the political arena.   I realize I would live a much happier life if I could disregard politicians and politics and not worry about current events or our declining culture.   Despite trying, however, I have not been able to wean myself from the daily news, and I always have views that I would like to express to those who are willing to listen.   I know many of my friends and relatives will disagree with some and possibly all of my views.   That's O.K.   That's what makes the world go around.   I will always welcome your comments.   There will be a place for your comments below each of my posts.   We don't have to agree, but I hope we will always respect and be courteous to each other.    I have spent very little time reading other blogs, but I understand that many of them contain hateful and outrageous comments.   If the comments on this blog are not respectful, then I will terminate the blog.   
 
Within the next few days, I will provide some background regarding my political philosophy, and I will disclose who I am supporting for President of the United States.   I will then have a series of posts dealing with some of the important issues involved in the current Presidential election. Thereafter, I will provide additional posts from time to time giving my views about current events and other matters of interest to me.   I hope you enjoy the blog.   Walter
 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I be the first person to comment on your blog? I, for one, am intrigued and fascinated to hear your current political views. Are you becoming the new Newt Gingrich? Best wishes for a successful blog!
Tessa

mrb said...

I am so excited that you are going to have a blog. I have always valued your opinions and views with a sense of humor. I look forward to reading your blog.Margie

The Shalin Boys said...

The left-wing yankee portion of your family anxiously awaits some healthy discourse!

Here Here!

Congrats and I can't wait for some installments.

Jennifer, Michael and Caleb Anderson said...

wow, everyone in the family is going to have a blog of some sort at some point

Unknown said...

I can't wait to read what you have to say, Uncle Walter!

Anonymous said...

You are one of my favorite people Mr. Grant - can't wait! Will you have an RSS feed so I am always updated when you post something?

Leon

Elizabeth said...

You have me intrigued now....and I'm sure Jeremy will enjoy reading about and commenting on your views as well---he is the "thinker" and "philosopher" in our little family!

Mike G. said...

Well, what is happening in the world when Walter has a Facebook page and a blog? Way to keep up with Generation X! I feel like you and I are the spirit of your blog. I am a little left, you a little right, and we meet in the middle. I look forward to reading your stuff.